A Checklist of What You Can Do... as a Business or Industry
- Learn more about why tire inflation and maintenance habits (PDF: 70 Kb) are a problem and the benefits of taking action.
- Implement measures to encourage proper tire inflation and maintenance practices among your employees. Use your business intranet service to tell your employees to have a look at this web site. Organize lunch presentations (PowerPoint: 346 Kb), a tire inflation and maintenance clinic.
- If your business or industry has a fleet of vehicles, save money on fuel by implementing measures to ensure proper tire inflation and maintenance is practiced by your employees (among your drivers). Consider participating in a "fleet challenge" with similar businesses or industries in your community. Check this Web site for graphics (stickers, posters, pledge card, etc.) and communications items that are ready to use.
- Work collaboratively with non-government and government organizations to determine what mix of tire inflation and maintenance initiatives (e.g. workplace-based or community outreach) will work best in your community. Tell them about this Web site, which offers the information and tools they need to get started.
- Consider providing funding or in-kind support to community organizations that are undertaking tire inflation and maintenance campaigns or projects in your community.