A Checklist of What You Can Do... as an Individual
- Learn more about why tire inflation and maintenance habits (PDF: 70 Kb) are a problem and the benefits of taking action.
- Commit to your own action plan. (See the sample tire maintenance six bullets on the Simple Tire Maintenance page.)
- Talk to your family, friends and neighbours about the problem of improper tire inflation and maintenance and encourage them to take better care of their tires. Use the communications pieces available on this Web site (stickers, posters, pledge card and much more) that can help you spread the word.
- Get in touch with a local environmental group in your community and suggest that it undertake community outreach or advocacy on the issue of proper tire inflation and maintenance. Tell the organization about this Web site or, better yet, get involved and help them out!
- Tire Inflation should be a concern at your workplace and encourage your employer to take action. Start by telling your employer about this Web site and all the great tools and information they will find here. Propose to organize a tire inflation and maintenance clinic or lunch presentations (PowerPoint: 346 Kb) for all employees.
- Make a statement! Use this site to download a presentation (PowerPoint: 346 Kb) you can use to spread the word about tire inflation and maintenance to your local government or community organization. Contact your local municipal government to see what measures are in place to address proper tire inflation and maintenance throughout your community or suggest that they undertake some measures by themselves.
- At your next visit ask your vehicle technician if they are aware of the proper tire pressure for your vehicle. As well, ask them if they are aware of this Web site and tell them that there is a special section just for them.